Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Indoors












We are keeping indoors more time these days, today there was a blizzard, and all the schools and many business were closed.

I love winter for the spectacular beauty of snow, but most of all I love it because it forces me to draw inward, to find wonderful and exquisite spaces in my mind, and to savor the plentiful that we have in our lifes.

It is a time when we read aloud for long periods, snuggled in the coach or in my cozy rocking chair, a time where I can observe the children and the life around me with more attentiveness, and a time when cleaning the house is a rather great way to spend many of the hours of the day.

Our home changes quite a bit in disposition and arrangement, depending on the season, and these are some pictures of the rooms during these holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment